market-farming - [Market-farming] Tiny white/green bugs

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "" <herbthyme AT simcon.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Tiny white/green bugs
  • Date: Tue, 24 Feb 2004 14:50:49 -0500

Barb Birkinbine
What do the bugs look like? Do they have wings or are they crawling bugs?
What size are they?

Well, they are extremely tiny, all bunched together, they do not have any
wings that I can see of, and they are not moving. They are all just huddled
together in rows up and down the stems of the plants. At first I noticed
shredded paper like "fuzz" on top of the soil. And then I looked closer and
I found those buggers. And lots of them! But I didn't see any on the Gerber
Daisy that is wintering over next to them. And I am talking tiny!

Barb Birkinbine
Are any other bug "structures" present, like spit, or webs? Soft bodied or
shell? Are they present in the soil as well as the plant parts?

I didn't see any "spit or webs" anywhere and they are for sure soft bodied.
I didn't dig around in the soil, but I will...

How do you make the cayenne/soap water spray? I have a ton of dried
cayenne's from last season that I need to do something with! Do I have to
boil them or how do I go about this? I will try squishing them first like
you mentioned, then I will check out the soil.

Thanks for your help!

Courtney
Herb Thyme