market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Can you recommend an economical source for bulk cover crop seed?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Can you recommend an economical source for bulk cover crop seed?
  • Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 19:50:27 -0500

Field peas are 18.00 per 50 lb and they pay 1/2 of the shipping.

Man, now you are talking! Although I love them dearly, I'd hate to tell you what i paid SEEDS of CHANGE for 50lb of Austrian peas a while back!!

This reminds me of another question: aside from contamination, can we pretty safely rely on GMO products being MAREKETED to us and not simply sold as generic crops? Or is there some sort of 'registry', so, that even though it illogical that an $18 bag of field peas would be genetically engineered, I'd have some way to really feel like I'd done all I could to make sure that they weren't? (I'm aware of the contamination issues, unfortunately.) Thanks -Allan