market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Donations as a promotion for your farm

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: DreamThymeFarm <dreamthymefarm AT zoominternet.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Donations as a promotion for your farm
  • Date: Thu, 12 Feb 2004 18:02:25 -0500

Jim,
I give to organizations that I feel that I support. If it is a benefit for education, or medical supplies for a child or for a trade show that I am part of, I figure it is all for that organization or group. It IS promoting your farm. THAT winner may never come back, BUT someone who saw your name there and somewhere else may become a future customer. Or, the people that held the fundraiser or asked for the donation are the ones who will give you business.
I support businesses who donate to a charity, I see who donated and make a point next time I am near to stop in and buy something if I need it. I have had people contact me because of baskets I have given.
I think if you give to what you feel worthy, then future business is a gift in itself.
The business comes back threefold when you do something good for someone.
Hang in there, it will pay off, it always does.
Lynne