market-farming - [Market-farming] Robert Farr

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Robert Farr
  • Date: Sat, 7 Feb 2004 23:26:13 -0500

I heard the story on NPR this evening (or was it last night?) about your caffeinated hot sauce and I want to know how you get such good media so often. It seems I hear a story in some media outlet about your operation at least once a month.

How do you do it?

Here are some of my guesses----

1. you have a full time pr person

2. your wife is head producer at NPR or CBS or something like that

3. You have a huge slush fund for bribing editors

4. You do a good job of publicizing what you do.

5. All of the above

Anyway, you do a good job. I wish I could go to the store and instead of buying a bottle of your chileman sauce, I could buy a bottle of your publicity.

Do you want to share any thoughts on getting publicity with the rest of us humble, unpublicized toilers of the earth?