market-farming - [Market-farming] Apple Smoke Wood

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Paul A. Bock" <bockpa AT plesh.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Apple Smoke Wood
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2004 08:26:53 -0500

Hello All,
The most profitable part of my business is firewood. Someone recently
asked me about apple smokewood. On my property we have a number, maybe 20
or so, old apple trees. One side of me would like to try to get them going
again, even if only for wildlife food. The other side of me doesn't mind
cutting them down, chunking them up, drying the wood, and selling it for a
lot more than I can get for firewood. Does anybody else cut up aromatic
woods for smoking purposes? What sort of price should I charge?

Paul Bock
Stone Gully