market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] micro-mixes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Liz Pike" <liz AT laughingbrookfarm.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] micro-mixes
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2004 15:45:13 -0500

> Has anyone explored marketing either sprouts or micro-mixes? What was
your experience? Is
> there a potential for a winter income here?

I haven't grown sprouts but several years ago some food safety issues were
raised when alot of people got sick from eating sprouts grown from
contaminated seeds. So of course everyone hopped on the media bandwagon to
regulate & patent seed sprouting. While some of the food safety issues were
blown out of proportion (as everything is these days) it's still something
to consider when setting up a growing operation.

I found this old bookmark..these folk sell alot of sprouts, seeds, etc and
have lots of info on their site though I don't think it's been updated
recently:

http://www.sproutgarden.com/

Liz Pike
Laughingbrook Farm