market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] farm software question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] farm software question
  • Date: Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:54:02 -0500

On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 15:44:05 -0500, you wrote:

>Folks, I'm looking for a software package to manage our farm business.
>Quickbooks seems an obvious choice. Any other suggestions out there? QB is
>kinda pricey.

I have been using Quickbooks for our (non-farm) business and
Quicken for keeping track of personal expenses.

I don't like Quickbooks at all. It's a double-entry system
and there's no reason why double-entry bookkeeping is
needed: it isn't needed. It just complicates things
unnecessarily, IMHO.

I do like Quicken and - starting now (2004) - I'm switching
the business books to Quicken as well.

I think Quicken would be adequate for a farm business too.
So this might be an option for you. I think Quicken costs
less than Quickbooks also.

Also, you might be able to find slightly older versions of
both programs on Ebay at a much cheaper price.

Pat
--
CLICK DAILY TO FEED THE HUNGRY
United States: http://www.stopthehunger.com/