market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Heater question

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mf AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Heater question
  • Date: Wed, 24 Dec 2003 13:16:17 -0600

On Wed, Dec 24, 2003 at 10:58:01AM -0800, Roger Weeks wrote:
> John -
>
> Thank you for your suggestion. I looked at this heater, and while it
> appears to have a thermostatically controlled blower, it still has a
> piezoelectric ignition, so I'd have to go turn on the heater every
> night, and there's no shutoff of heat when the temperature is warm
> enough.
>
> Can anyone recommend a propane heater that has electric ignition and a
> thermostat so it can be hands-free heat?

Are you opposed to using a heater with a pilot? We have an about $200
wall mount heater in one of our buildings (living space). This type is
very common around here. Un-vented, no electrical input, select one to
three panels, thermostatically controlled. The thermostat isn't marked
with temperature, but the minimum is around 50 deg. I think it's output
is about 10K btu per panel; we leave it on one panel throughout the
winter to heat the ~600 sqft building.

--
Willie, ashamed that dixie chicks are from Austin
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html