market-farming - [Market-farming] Fwd: LocalHarvest - Holidays!

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Nan3russ AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fwd: LocalHarvest - Holidays!
  • Date: Fri, 5 Dec 2003 13:47:58 EST

--- Begin Message ---
  • From: LocalHarvest <info AT localharvest.org>
  • To: localharvest AT lists.localharvest.org
  • Subject: LocalHarvest - Holidays!
  • Date: Thu, 4 Dec 2003 18:54:07 -0800

The LocalHarvest Stores Newsletter
**********************************

Hello,

The holiday season is here! Countless farmers and their goats, sheep,
cows, elves, and other critters have been busy putting together all sorts
of goodies to place under your tree this Christmas.

LocalHarvest members sell some of the most unique holiday gifts available
anywhere. We have all kinds of goodies, from tropical fruit baskets to
artisanal soaps to yummy cheeses to goat milk toffee to catnip toys to
wool blankies to dream pillows. In all, we list more than 600 products
from 77 family farms, including lots of stuff that your friends and family
would love to get for the holidays. Check out our members' products at:

http://www.localharvest.org/store/?r=nl&pc=h03

We also have Turkeys for Christmas dinner, and Christmas Wreaths to
hang on your door.

When you buy from LocalHarvest.org, you are buying products directly
from the farms and families that create them, and you help LocalHarvest
stay in the business of helping family farms develop markets for their
products.

Help us spread the word! Please forward this email to anyone you know
who might be interested in buying cool, unique presents online, while
supporting America's bountiful family farms.

Below are a few special gifts that we would like to suggest for your
friends, family, or even yourself (you HAVE been good, right?).

Happy holidays from the LocalHarvest family to yours!

--Guillermo Payet
LocalHarvest.org

Holiday Gifts
*************
http://www.localharvest.org/store/?r=nl&pc=h03
==================================

A few suggestions:

Confection Specialties
Black Mesa Ranch (Snowflake, Arizona)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=569&r=nl&pc=h03

Christmas Floral & Pine Wreaths
Crooked Row Farm (Dayton, Oregon)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=439&r=nl&pc=h03

Macadamia Nut Gift Basket
BlackJack Orchards (Poway, California)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=51&r=nl&pc=h03

Lavender Pillows
Cow Track Ranch (Nicasio, California)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=6&r=nl&pc=h03

Holiday Romance Goats Milk Soap Special
Beulah Land Homestead (Bells, Texas)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=392&r=nl&pc=h03

Fancy Medjool Dates
Ellett Medjool Dates (El Centro, California)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=527&r=nl&pc=h03

Kona Coffee Yearly Subscription
Kanalani Ohana Farm (Honaunau, Hawaii)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=230&r=nl&pc=h03

Wool Scarves
Schafer Sheep Farm (Greenwich, New York)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=327&r=nl&pc=h03

Peppermint Foot Care Gift Basket
Gracious Gardens (Grand Tower, IL)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=492&r=nl&pc=h03

Golf Bag Shaped Honey Basket
Petit Jean Honey (Morrilton, AR)
http://www.localharvest.org/store/item.jsp?id=403&r=nl&pc=h03

For these and hundreds of other gift ideas, visit all of the LocalHarvest
Stores at http://www.localharvest.org/store/?r=nl&pc=h03

Special December Offer
======================
We have a few copies of a great little book that we'd like to give away
to our online shoppers. The book is "Coming Home to Eat: The Pleasures and
Politics of Local Foods", by Gary Nabhan (ISBN: 0393020177). This is the
author's story of trying to eat only foods grown, fished, or caught within
two hundred miles of his home in the Sonoran Desert of Arizona. As our
gift, we're giving away one copy this book to five random people who make
a purchase from the LocalHarvest Stores during the month of December.

http://www.LocalHarvest.org

--- End Message ---

  • [Market-farming] Fwd: LocalHarvest - Holidays!, Nan3russ, 12/05/2003