market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] RE: Straw bale prices: Was: Straw bale Queen

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Art Petrzelka <art AT complum.com>
  • To: David AT BlackMesaRanchOnline.com, Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Cc:
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] RE: Straw bale prices: Was: Straw bale Queen
  • Date: Fri, 28 Nov 2003 17:30:53 -0000

On Thu, 2003-11-27 at 11:41, David Heininger wrote:
> You guys are breaking my heart.
>
> 3-wire straw bales are $5.50 and up around here. I got a "very good" bid of
> $5.00 delivered if I bought 100 bales.
>
> David
> Black Mesa Ranch
> Artisan Goat Cheese Dairy and Fine Candy Kitchen
> Northern Arizona, USA
> www.BlackMesaRanchOnline.com

There's a lot of data floating around, but not much information. I'm not
sure that everyone is talking about the same kind of bales here.

There are the older 12"x18" cross section bale that should weigh about
40 pounds for straw, there's a more modern square bale that is more like
2'x3' cross section, then there are small and large round bales, 3' and
5' diameters. I'll ignore the old, old 18" round bales that used to be
seen in the 50's. I have no idea what the newer bales would weigh.

Very few of the responses included !where! the prices are obtained.

Perhaps people could include this information when trying to compare
prices??
--
Art Petrzelka
Amana, Iowa, USA