market-farming - [Market-farming] Sust. Ag conferences in January & Feb. 2004

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sust. Ag conferences in January & Feb. 2004
  • Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2003 11:06:28 -0800

For all those growing in the South:

The 13th annual Southern SAWG (Sustainable Agriculture Working Group) conference on Jan. 23-25, 2004 at Paramount Resort & Conference Center in Gainesville, Florida   - details on web site:  www.ssawg.org  Title is "Practical Tools and Solutions for Sustaining Family Farms"

    As some on our list serve can attest, this is a WONDERFUL gathering, full of great workshops (in the past our friends the Weidigers and Alex McGregor, for example), speakers, and a delicious Saturday evening banquet with all local foods.  For a bit extra, there are several field trips to farms in the area.

P.S. For those close to Mississippi - we are having our own MS SAWG conference (featuring our friend Robert Farr, the Weidigers and others) in Yazoo City, MS on Feb. 21st.  more details later.  Email me OFF THE LISTSERVE for registration details.  thanks, nan at dancing goats farm, n.mississippi

  • [Market-farming] Sust. Ag conferences in January & Feb. 2004, Nan Johnson, 11/25/2003