market-farming - [Market-farming] Sunflower seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Jaquelyn Kegley" <jjkegley AT msn.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sunflower seeds
  • Date: Sat, 22 Nov 2003 12:21:27 -0600

This year my son planted some black-oil sunflower seeds on some dry land acres.  Even though we had a terrible drought he harvested about 3500 pounds.  He would like to market these locally for bird seed.  Does anyone have experience with this.  Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks
Jackie in central Nebraska
oh yes, we are expecting 6" of snow and 45-50 mph winds tonite.