market-farming - [Market-farming] Fwd: THE PIG WHO SANG TO THE MOON

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Fwd: THE PIG WHO SANG TO THE MOON
  • Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 14:58:54 -0500

Title: Fwd: THE PIG WHO SANG TO THE MOON
and since we are almost on this subject. Has anyone read this book?)

Subject: THE PIG WHO SANG TO THE MOON
Sender: metrofarm-admin AT pairlist.net
Date: Thu, 6 Nov 2003 11:27:34 -0800
A FOOD CHAIN RELEASE FROM METROFARM.COM

As Napolean the Pig said, “All animals are created equal, but some are created more equal than others!”  And so we ask, “Do the animals we raise for food enjoy the same emotional life as we who raise them?”

This Saturday at 9AM Pacific, the Food Chain with Michael Olson hosts Jeffrey Masson, author of “The Pig Who Sang to the Moon,” for a conversation about the emotional life of farm animals.

(Listen here: http://www.metrofarm.com/index.asp?cat=40088)

Topics will include evidence that suggests animals do indeed experience emotions like love and hate; what kinds of emotions animals might experience while being raised in modern food production systems; and whether the realization of these emotions might affect the ways we raise animals for food.

Listeners are invited to call the program on KFRM, KGET, KGOE, KMPH, KNTK, KOMY, KSCO or TRUTH RADIO with questions and comments at 800-624-2665, or log them to the discussion page at www.metrofarm.com.

Unsubscribe:  postmaster AT metrofarm.com / subject:  unsubscribe (include email address)

NOTE:  The Food Chain is now available to commercial radio stations throughout the United States.  Please help with the dissemination of the program by copying the hotlink below and emailing it to the Program Director of your favorite newstalk radio station.  Tell her or him how much you would like to hear the Food Chain in your area!  http://www.metrofarm.com/index.asp?cat=43020