market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Whole grains and small scale grain production

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: SaladG AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Whole grains and small scale grain production
  • Date: Sat, 25 Oct 2003 15:04:10 EDT

In a message dated 10/24/03 1:46:17 PM Central Daylight Time, art AT complum.com writes:

I am in favor of doing away with farm subsidies entirely. It just makes
the rich richer, and the poor homeless and hungry.

Ditto Art.  We had to get out of the program after the 1995 program went in affect.  Cost us to many acres in set-aside, borders, strips, and head lands that it wasn't very smart to take out 36 acres out of production to get a very small amount of subsidy, less than 2000 a year.

Phil