market-farming - [Market-farming] local food

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] local food
  • Date: Fri, 24 Oct 2003 16:51:14 -0400

I must add another good reason for buying local, land preservation. Keep
the farm in business and it stays agricultural. If as we have debated on
this list an increase in local food production becomes NECESSARY due to
increased fuel costs it would be nice to have land left. And not just the
land but the farmers and their knowledge.
Beth

I don't think the debate should be framed in terms of local or organic