market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Hello?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Hello?
  • Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2003 09:23:06 -0500

Regards to the list:

We're still here!

The last market of the season is tomorrow and we have radishes, hedge
balls, swan gourds, chickens and walnuts to sell. I will morph into the
strange and mysterious Emeralda at market tomorrow to read palms.

There are two more CSA deliveries this month and we're saving the pac
choi, Swiss chard, lettuces and Brussels sprouts for them.

Last week, Lewis was on vacation and decided to do some fall plowing.
This revealed lots of potatoes we missed hand digging - so we and the
subscribers got a nice bonus.

We got more rain yesterday - I thought I would never complain about rain
again, but this one came while I was having car trouble on my way home
from CSA deliveries. Something about serpentine belts, seized pulleys
and a tension thing that broke while installing a new belt. That belt
ended up costing me about $130. That delivery took 18 hours!

Life on the farm is just a big Monopoly game. I hope I can pass Go
sometime soon. :-) Oh, found out Wednesday, I'm gonna be grandma!
Can't stop grinning.

Marie in Missouri