market-farming - [Market-farming] aphids

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Nan Johnson" <nan AT olemiss.edu>
  • To: "marketfarming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] aphids
  • Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2003 13:54:35 -0700

If you use insecticidal soap, my county agent (who really tried to be helpful re: organics) said to spray every 4 days  (though for how many cycles I cannot recall) to get aphids at all stages - spraying just once is not enough (which was all I had done, and then lost all my fall greens & then wondered why the soap didn't work!).   I have also used Safer's Soap on lemon grass (cympogon citratus) but not on other herbs.  Read directions carefully.

 nan at dancing goats farm
n. mississippi zone 7b