market-farming - [Market-farming] Carnival Squash

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Marie Kamphefner" <kampy AT grm.net>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Carnival Squash
  • Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 15:43:53 -0500

Regards to the list:

Carnival squash has been plentiful here this year. It's the only one of
all the varieties of squash we planted that produced anything.
Everything else died.

One of our subscribers asked if the seeds of the carnival can be roasted
and eaten like pumpkin seeds. I didn't know. Does anyone know?

We've had two nights of frost this week.

Marie in Missouri
Smack in the middle of zone 5