market-farming - [Market-farming] Grow what you sell?

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Grow what you sell?
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 15:34:15 -0700 (PDT)

> How many of you grow everything you sell, or do you purchase from
> commercial suppliers, auction, etc?
> RP Sulphur Hill Farms, NE Indiana
> I do a lot of breads at market and get my flours from a fairly local
commercial distributer of organic products that was initially a wheat
farm.
I have a neighbor who brings over 15-20 doz. eggs for the market. I grow
all the flowers, veggies and herbs I sell at market. My mid-week sales
are an intricate web of trade. There are 2 other growers in my
neighborhood, which boasts of a multitude of micro-climates. Having
access through trade to other vegs. helps keep the CSAs and restaurants
happy.

  • [Market-farming] Grow what you sell?, sora, 08/26/2003