market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Markets

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Pat Meadows <pat AT meadows.pair.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Markets
  • Date: Tue, 26 Aug 2003 11:35:02 -0400

On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 16:23:11 -0400, you wrote:

>How many of you grow everything you sell, or do you purchase from
>commercial suppliers, auction, etc?

We can only be described as a "micro-mini market gardening
operation". But we grow what we sell.

We may be moving. If so we can expand the gardening, as
we'll have more room for it then since if we move, we'll be
buying a larger piece of land than our current 1/2 acre. It
looks as if we'll be getting a place with about an acre of
land. We have health limitations in any case, and an acre
will be all we can handle.

We'll expand somewhat even if not moving: we will be
building a hoophouse, whether we move or stay here.

Pat