market-farming - [Market-farming] Heirloom tomato field day

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: robert schuler <sunnfarm AT bellatlantic.net>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Heirloom tomato field day
  • Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:30:18 -0400

August 25th from 4-8pm we will be having our heirloom tomato field day.
Over 100 varieties will be on display for you to sample. Taste testing
will begin around 4.30pm. Chefs will be on hand as well as the general
public to judge the flavor of each variety.
Field plots will include hybrids and paste tomatoes as well as peppers
and eggplants and other vegetables. Discussions will be on pruning
heirloom tomatoes, pruning eggplant, boron on tomatoes, high tunnel
tomatoes and growing mint.
Additional discussions will include our annual phytophora pepper
research, IR4 pesticide screening plots, tofu varieties/spacing, and
organic transtioning to soybeans and grapes. This will be at our
research farm in the Bridgeton area of south Jersey.
You can call the Rutgers Ag station for more info at 856-455-3100

Sunny Meadow Farm
Bridgeton, NJ.