market-farming - [Market-farming] Sweet Corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Courtney McLeod" <cmcleod AT imscompany.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Sweet Corn
  • Date: Wed, 20 Aug 2003 14:10:33 -0400

I have been reading all everyone has had to say about corn lately. I
have never had field corn so I can not say that I would or would not
like it. I love corn so I probably would. But I just have to say that
I picked the first ears out of our field and all I can say is that it
rocked!!!! It is a hybrid named "Lancelot" and it was wonderful. I am
not saying that it was better than anything, but it was like a slice of
heaven. It needed no salt and or butter on it. I have never grown a
hybrid before and I will for sure do it again. And the best part of it
all was the fact that it has absolutely no worms at all! I was so
expecting it to have a ton of them because of the terrible "summer" we
have been having with all the rain. But there were no signs of them at
all!! I wonder if the second batch will have any? Just thought I would
share this...

Courtney
Herb Thyme

  • [Market-farming] Sweet Corn, Courtney McLeod, 08/20/2003