market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: PAR

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KTCopsey AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: PAR
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 16:04:42 EDT

In a message dated 8/15/03 9:28:55 AM US Eastern Standard Time, market-farming-request AT lists.ibiblio.org writes:

It is not fair to you or your competitors to giveaway you crops at the end of the market. You should consider giving the supplus to the Food Bank or Community kiitchen. Your competitors must be ready to ban you from the market!

OK guys/gals I would like to make you aware of a program that might solve the problem.  PAR = Plant a Row for the hungry.  The idea is that homeowners mark and devote one row of produce to the soup kitchens or local food bank. Some areas are also utilizing farm market growers to donate their unsold produce to the program.  If you would like to see more about the program go to

http://www.gwaa.org/par/

For for those who cannot do hotlinks - gwaa.org and go to the par site

The program is wonderful and several farm markets are making use of it.  We really need need help with the proram - so please let me know if you need any further info.

Katy
Living just one cornfield away from civilization

  • [Market-farming] Re: PAR, KTCopsey, 08/19/2003