market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] Strawberry Questions

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] Strawberry Questions
  • Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2003 08:48:30 -0500

We bought last year from Davon Crest farms http://www.davon-crest-farms.com/
and got really nice plants. It's a little late, probably. But, Arkansas
does a lot of plasticulture annual strawberries, and there may be a source
close to you. We are a little too cold for outside plasticulture
strawberries where we are (SC KY), although they do well in the western part
of the state, but we used them in high tunnels as a trial, and were
favorably impressed. We had huge Chandler strawberries about 3 weeks ahead
of field grown berries, and the quality was much nicer.

Alison Wiediger, Au Naturel Farm
http://aunaturelfarm.homestead.com