market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: pregancy and farming

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KTCopsey AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: pregancy and farming
  • Date: Fri, 18 Jul 2003 17:11:45 EDT

In a message dated 7/18/03 11:04:06 AM US Eastern Standard Time, market-farming-request AT lists.ibiblio.org writes:

Do any of you have any tips for working in the garden while pregnant? Is
there some stuff I should avoid? Particularly while in the first trimester
in the heat of the summer? I know not to get over heated and to rest, but
anything else you've encountered? I grow organically so I'm not too worried
about chemical exposure. I've read somewhere that digging in soil can expose
you to Toxoplasmosis, but I figure I've already been exposed.

Amy
Dont take the toxoplasmosis, or any other soil borne disease lightly - they should be a real concern for all gardener/farmers pregnant or not.

Other things to consider though would be heavy digging and  lifting
Take care and good luck
Katy (mother of 4 boys!!! - and gets no help in the garden)

Living just one cornfield away from civilization

  • [Market-farming] Re: pregancy and farming, KTCopsey, 07/18/2003