market-farming - [Market-farming] oil to corn

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] oil to corn
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jul 2003 20:30:03 -0400

> >application of oil/Bt mixes but for the cost (over
> >$200) it would seem much cheaper to use a medicine
> >dropper. Any suggestions?
> >
> >Michael Lorion
> >Park Hill Farm
> >Millbury, MA

The only time I ever tried it about 3 years ago I used an oil can like the
tin man used on Wizard of Oz. It worked quit well, but it was a tedious job
doing about an acre. The past two years we've just let nature takes its
course and the damage has not been that bad. I don't care and just break
off the ends and I've got the CSA folks to either not care or cut the tips
off prior to taking corn with them. With the bad weather this spring our
corn has been planted in chunks a few weeks apart so it wouldn't be a big a
job maybe I'll try again.

By the way Michael we are literally neighbors I am in Shrewsbury. Beth
Green Hill Farm

  • [Market-farming] oil to corn, Hook Family, 07/16/2003