market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] pickin up on pea shellers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bob AT bidumup.com>
  • To: "'Market Farming'" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] pickin up on pea shellers
  • Date: Mon, 14 Jul 2003 10:56:33 -0500

There was a mention of a portable sheller. Is any more info available on
that? I haven't seen one in any of the catalogues I use.

Dave,
I have the plans to make a sheller as the ones that are available to buy are
starting around $2,500.00. I am currently scraping together the parts for it
and it should cost me about $150 in parts and pieces. I don't think there
is a better way to sell cow peas than fresh from a sheller as the value to
the customer is right in front of them as the drum is turning. Not unlike
taffy machines on a Carnival row. It all becomes part of the attraction.
If you or anyone else would like a copy of the plans I will go to Kinkos and
make some copies. There are about 6 sheets on 11 X 17 paper. It will fold
and go into an 12 X 9 envelope.
Send your address direct to bob AT bidumup.com with something in the body
saying you are wanting sheller plans as I get about 400 emails a day.
Bob C