market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 5, Issue 67

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: sora AT coldreams.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 5, Issue 67
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jun 2003 20:28:26 -0700 (PDT)

> From: Allan Balliett <igg AT igg.com>
> Subject: Re: [Market-farming] critters
> Sora - How do you applly the bloodmeal so that it is effective? WIll
> fish emulsion (just a routine spray for the vegetables) deter deer
> and rabbits, in your experience?
>
> Thanks
>
> -Allan
> I do a light sprinkling of blood meal on the plants themselves and do an
outer perimeter band around the main garden. This did help deter the
deer but sprinklers or a heavy rain will dilute it down. I've always
used the fish emulsion and never found it to do anything to deter deer,
no rabbits here. My best combination for deer includes the blood meal
perimeter, my Wonder Dog, dog hair clippings around the outer edges, and
encouraging folk and dogs to pee around the outer edges. Good luck,
it's a battle out there. Sora at Paradise Valley Organics

  • [Market-farming] Re: Market-farming Digest, Vol 5, Issue 67, sora, 06/29/2003