market-farming - [Market-farming] Re: vingar bottles

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: KTCopsey AT aol.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Re: vingar bottles
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jun 2003 10:15:13 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/03 11:05:25 PM US Eastern Standard Time, market-farming-request AT lists.ibiblio.org writes:

Ever go to auctions or wander through antique shops, second hand junk
stores, etc?  I have found some excellent glass bottles for very little
money.  Sometimes boxes and boxes of them... that some old lady just
couldn't throw out and the auctioneer sold the whole lot for $1.

And, yes, bars have quite the assortment of interesting bottles.  Is it
Ketel Vodka or Gin?   I dunno, but their tall slim bottles are excellent for
herbal vinegar.

Del
The problem with recycled bottles is the cleaning factor and some of the old bottles may have lead in them.  Both recycled and antique bottles are frowned upon by my health dept - and I do want to keep friends with them :) !
Katy

Living just one cornfield away from civilization

  • [Market-farming] Re: vingar bottles, KTCopsey, 06/19/2003