market-farming - [Market-farming] garlic scapes

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: dave.kathy AT att.net
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] garlic scapes
  • Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2003 02:00:54 +0000

Maybe everybody here already knows this, but in case not...

The curly scapes from your hardneck garlic can be SOLD. Make sure you pull
them green and tender, as soon as they've curled; you'll find they taste
great! Local chefs are likely to grab them up so as to lay a single curly
scape to the top of each green salad, to really set it off. My local
specialty
foods grocery store asks for mine, plus I sell them at the Farmer's Market.
get about a dollar for a bundle of 6.

Dave Campbell
Tiffin, Iowa

  • [Market-farming] garlic scapes, dave . kathy, 06/16/2003