market-farming - [Market-farming] Black Walnuts...

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Courtney McLeod" <cmcleod AT imscompany.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Black Walnuts...
  • Date: Thu, 12 Jun 2003 09:00:26 -0400

“As far as garden plants go, the nightshade family is highly susceptible, but squash, melons, beans, carrots, beets, onions, parsnips & corn are not.  For some weird reason, pansies love bw.”

Wow!!  Thanks Liz!  I didn’t know that!!  I am a pansy freak and grew my very own for the first time this year.  Now I have another place to put them!!!  Granted I did something wrong and they are just now starting to “wake up” and grow.  But I have 6 flats that I just figured I would have for a fall planting!!!  Thanks again!  I may even try some veggies as you suggested around them since I have an abundance of plants left over this year.  Many people are not buying them because they can not get in their gardens to work them!  All but the Amish are the only one’s in my area.  They were able to get the horses in early this year.  Lucky dogs!!!  Makes me want to use the old fashion methods sometimes!!

Courtney

Herb Thyme

  • [Market-farming] Black Walnuts..., Courtney McLeod, 06/12/2003