market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Gophers

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Leigh Hauter <lh AT pressroom.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Gophers
  • Date: Mon, 9 Jun 2003 00:53:37 -0400

Our Great Pyrenees takes care of that problem as well as the deer problem. Last year I sat across form a gopher hole with my shotgun for over an hour and finally gave up waiting for it to show itself. The next day my gp was eating the critter in front of the house. He proceeded to eliminate all of the other vegetable eating creatures from our 5 acres of garden. I couldn't have paid a human anything to do what he does for just a pat on the head and a bowl of dried dog food.