market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Clamshells for berries

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Bill Bradshaw" <eastexfarms AT direcway.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Clamshells for berries
  • Date: Wed, 21 May 2003 19:55:05 -0500

----- Original Message -----
From: <mf AT austinfarm.org>
To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
Sent: Wednesday, May 21, 2003 7:35 AM
Subject: [Market-farming] Clamshells for berries

> My grocery store blackberry customers are resisting my open top pint
> baskets. Dealing with the open top pints also slows things down at
> farmers markets, so I have been shopping for 1 pint clamshells. I
> haven't found anything less than $.14, which seems way too expensive
> to me.
>
> Willie, one of the things we used to do with the blueberry containers. We
were using open pints covered with a celo wrap held on with a rubber band.
We have since changed to the clam shell. We use a suppler out of Tyler
Texas. Resource aug. Supply I don't have there number at home but can send
it to you tomorrow. I think there is 600 to box don't recall the price. I
have some but they have the Texas Blueberries label on them. Bill Bradshaw

---