market-farming - [Market-farming] Pricing

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pricing
  • Date: Tue, 13 May 2003 11:42:44 -0400

Being primarily a CSA farm I understand this problem. I came to my prices
for my food coop veggies mostly from grocery store prices (easy to go to) or
once and awhile local farm stands (more acurate). Last summer I thought the
prices in grocery store stayed fairly high ie tomatoes $2+ lb for a long
time. People are so used to shopping in grocery stores I had no problem
keeping my prices as high.

There are Terminal (wholesale) market prices online but I haven't bookmarked
them so can't give you a address. Think you can get there via USDA but I
don't find that page very user friendly.

There is a new web page from Rodale is it

www.newfarm.org or .com?

They have some prices.

Beth

  • [Market-farming] Pricing, Hook Family, 05/13/2003