market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] drip and transplant marking alternative

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] drip and transplant marking alternative
  • Date: Mon, 7 Apr 2003 10:28:44 -0500

No, we leave it on the surface - unless we use an organic mulch (tomatoes,
peppers). We tried re-cycling it several seasons, and decided that with our
labor constraints (just the two of us and I have a public job), and the
holes that rodents and insects eat in it, it was actually cheaper to lay new
tape each season (except in the tunnels, where we use it until it has two or
more repair connectors).

Alison