market-farming - [Market-farming] Burlap

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Amy K. Johnson" <akjedj AT access4cheap.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Burlap
  • Date: Wed, 2 Apr 2003 21:23:12 -0800

Dear List,

I learned something today about burlap, and since we had a discussion here
last week or two about using burlap to keep produce cool and hydrated, I
thought I'd share it with you even if it makes me sound stupid.

Never, ever, even if your burlap is very dirty, put burlap in the washing
machine with the agitator on 'heavy duty' !!!!!!!! It may not ruin your
burlap, but it may leave holes......and it will definately leave you with a
lot of fuzz.

I think I'm going to experiment and make paper out of all the fuzz I've got.
:-)

  • [Market-farming] Burlap, Amy K. Johnson, 04/02/2003