market-farming - [Market-farming] grape vine new thread

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: <bob AT akasha.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] grape vine new thread
  • Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2003 20:30:33 -0600

I saw in a store grape vine that had been made in to --- well—grapevine- no leaves on it rolled into nice neat little bundles and I suppose you use it for decoration some how. I suppose any vine would do as long as there are no stickers. You could paint it yellow and make advertising signs out of it. You can drape it over, around, and under everything for that homestead folksy look. All you need is a little red or blue plaid and presto the cliché of marketing homegrown, home spun.

Don’t people buy into the nostalgia stuff—like my grandpa used to make--- and why do people pay so much for the muscatine vine when it grows wild down here?

Bob

  • [Market-farming] grape vine new thread, bob, 02/12/2003