market-farming - RE: [Market-farming] labels

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Rick Hopkins" <rdhopkins AT americanpasturage.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: RE: [Market-farming] labels
  • Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2003 13:07:36 -0600

We use a single color on white and a local printer. There are a number of
potential labeling changes being discussed within the USDA a present and
each change may require a change to your label. Our plate costs run around
$35 and requires one for each color, so if the wording changes it may affect
one or more plates. I just had to revise a label due to a "clarification"
by the USDA on our printing. I am beginning to become suspicious that they
are looking to see just how difficult they can make it for us.

Purchasing 2000 labels or more at a time reduces our label costs to less
than 7 cents a piece.

Rick H.