market-farming - [Market-farming] another hoophouse book

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Errol Castens" <castens AT peoplepc.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] another hoophouse book
  • Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 09:57:28 -0600

Paul and Alison Wiediger, frequent contributors to this list serve, also have a new book -- Walking to Spring -- on their hoophouse experiences and insights. They would probably hesitate to promote it themselves on this forum, but I got a copy at Southern SAWG and think it's great. (I'm going to build a hoophouse based on what I've learned from them, and a couple of friends are talking about doing so, too.)

They've included basically everything that's in their hoophouse workshop, including costs, suppliers, cultivars, culture practices, planting/harvesting schedules, forms, how they market and even pricing philosophies. Check it out at http://www.aunaturelfarm.homestead.com/workshops.html.

Errol Castens
Oxford, Mississippi
Zone 7b