market-farming - [Market-farming] Salad greens packaging, TV advertising

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Adriana" <gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Salad greens packaging, TV advertising
  • Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 12:43:57 -0600

Re: Salad greens packaging
-------------------------------
I prefer clear PETE packaging. Not the clamshells but the ones with
deeper bottoms and separate lids which make a tight seal and keep the
greens from getting dehydrated. Look for the 64 oz. size (often you
will see deli potato salad or cut fruit in these) In addition to them
sealing tight, protecting the product better than bags, they stack and
do not slip like clamshells tend to do.If you contact Ultrapac at
http://www.ultrapac.com/produce.htm they will tell you who carries
them in your area.
> How do you package your greens for sale?

Re: TV Advertising
Just curious, how much does something like that cost? I assume it
varies by the size of the market/audience?