market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] southern source for fruit bushes/trees

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Willie McKemie <mckemie AT austinfarm.org>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] southern source for fruit bushes/trees
  • Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2002 12:50:05 -0600

On Mon, Dec 09, 2002 at 11:31:25AM -0800, Nan Johnson wrote:
> Anyone have a good source for varieties of berries and fruit trees
> specifically for the southeast? (specifically huckleberries, thornless and
> thorned blackberries) - I know all the varieties recommended for my area,
> but not where to buy.......thanks so much.

For Arkansas blackberry varieties such as Kiowa, Chickasaw, Shawnee,
Apache, Navaho, etc, I can recommend:
Jim Cox, Cox Berry Farm
Rt 2
Clarksville, Arkansas 72830
501 754-3707
coxfarms AT cswnet.com

For Texas varieties such as Rosborough, Brazos, Womack, and Brison, I
recommend first Womack's, then Texas Pecan Nursery, and Bob Wells.
Contact information at
http://austinfarm.org/homegrown/hortsuppliers.html

For peaches, pears, apples, plums, persimmons, any of the fruit tree
nurseries in the Smithville/McMinnville Tennessee area including Haley's,
Cumberland Valley, Vaughan. Contact information doesn't fall to hand,
let me know if you need it. Aren't you near middle-Tennessee?

--
Willie USS Harry S Truman: 97,000 tons of diplomacy
Are YOU an html abuser? http://www.expita.com/nomime.html