market-farming - Re: [Market-farming] Re: small fruit in northeast

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Mark Rousseau <markrousseau AT yahoo.com>
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [Market-farming] Re: small fruit in northeast
  • Date: Mon, 09 Dec 2002 09:50:18 -0500

BlackBerry BBQ Sauce? Now that sounds Very interesting. Are you willing to part with the recipe?

Also, Do people on the group have opinions are Row orientation for small fruit? Is E-W better than N-S? Does it make any difference assuming all else is the same?

-Mark Rousseau

Ron Thiessen wrote:

year we also sold blackberry concentrate that we produced in a steamer. It
also sold okay since it has no preservatives of any kind. However it wasn't
too profitable for us. Blackberry jam and jelly is also popular. We make a
blackberry barbeque sauce for ourselves which is incredible ( but does not
sell good).
We have been growing blackberries for about 10 years - so far no pest or
disease problems at all.

Ron Thiessen