market-farming - [Market-farming] tomatoes, TM, and seeds

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Hook Family" <guldann AT ix.netcom.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] tomatoes, TM, and seeds
  • Date: Fri, 6 Dec 2002 07:54:54 -0500

I had a similar concern, I would expect that some large interstate or
international er, ah "weed" grower may have trademarked that phrase :). And
you do realize words like that get folks thinking oh no E. Coli :).
Thanks to all of the info re Totally Tomatoes. Which brings me to another
question. We have our "standard" plantings each year. Big Beef, Cherry
100s, Sungold, pear shaped cherry. Everyyear I like to experiment because
its they only way to discover a new favorite. The pear shaped are such an
experiment. What we are having trouble falling in love with is an early or
earlyish red tomato, We have grown early girl and last year darn I don't
remember name anyway they are only ok and have not been really early
compared with Big Beefs. Any recommendations I am in zone 5.
And yikes that list of seed web pages how am I to get any house work done or
my Christmas cards written :). Beth

> Bob (NLN) wrote:
> > I am considering registering "This is really good s**t" for my produce
so
> > don't anybody on this list us this description anymore.
>
> Are you sure you can do this? Isn't this preempted by Cheech and Chong's
> copyright?
>
> Just kidding ... well sort of .....
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Rick Williams

  • [Market-farming] tomatoes, TM, and seeds, Hook Family, 12/06/2002