market-farming - [Market-farming] Pet Shares

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Pete, Judi & Shania" <corbettj AT computer-products.com>
  • To: <market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Pet Shares
  • Date: Sun, 24 Nov 2002 18:58:22 -0500

That is a great idea. I have changed most of my rabbit market to pet food. I can get more per pound at better weights as far as feed conversion, growth rates, etc.. by selling to snake people and dog people. Less work and a lot easier as I have set up contracts for people who are retailing some and feeding their own animals.

This is working well. As a an animal breeder etc.. I have considered medicinal plants focusing on animals instead of humans?? Never thought of catering my plants towards animal usage except for special stuff. maybe I would have better luck doing it that way instead of trying to cater to humans in anything?? Guinea pigs are the only ones that must have fresh veggies or fruit or else they have to get Vitamin C supplemented. Problem is that some of the bars available for them are actually dangerous to them as they can choke on sun flower seeds. Have given a lot of thought to looking more into these things.

Judi Corbett
http://gtigaan.tripod.com - Rabbits, Vermiculture, Herbs, and more
http://drcba.tripod.com/drcba.html - Canadian rabbit and cavy club

  • [Market-farming] Pet Shares, Pete, Judi & Shania, 11/24/2002