market-farming - [Market-farming] Organic program for Ohio prison

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: BBGREGSON AT cs.com
  • To: market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [Market-farming] Organic program for Ohio prison
  • Date: Tue, 19 Nov 2002 14:57:22 EST

Are there any organic farmers or market gardeners in or near Ohio who would
be interested in answering questions and otherwise assisting some prisoners
who want to start a solid organic growing training program? I have offered
to help with programmatic support but have no growing experience with Ohio
soils and circumstances. Some nearby expertise will be crucial as they plan
a garden and develop an A-to-Z training program. Their ultimate goal is to
prepare men who complete their sentences and leave prison to get on the land
with some organic skills, experience and passion.

There seems to be a dedicated core of men who are planning this without staff
support, equipment, etc., but they sound determined. Let me know if this
interests you and I will put you in touch with the contact person.

Bob Gregson
Vashon Island, WA