market-farming - RE: Jericho lettuce., Alpine strawberries, grass hoppers, Whstlestop

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Wiediger, Alison" <awiediger AT HART.k12.ky.us>
  • To: 'Market Farming' <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Jericho lettuce., Alpine strawberries, grass hoppers, Whstlestop
  • Date: Tue, 15 Oct 2002 07:43:56 -0500

no, not in the mesclun.. - it's a little pricey, and we don't need its heat
tolerance in a crop we harvest 21 days from seeding (and don't re-cut in the
summer, although we get several cuttings in winter). We use Johnny's less
pricey non-MTO seed, bought in bulk and mix ourselves. We will be trialing
Jericho as our green Romaine this winter.

Alison
> From: gutierrez-lagatta[SMTP:gutierrez-lagatta AT charter.net]
>

> Re: Lettuce
> > Growing good sweet lettuce (Jericho) all summer! In our hot,
> southern
> > summers! And, growing mesclun all summer under shade.
> Allison, do you use the Jericho lettuce in your mesclun mix also?

  • RE: Jericho lettuce., Alpine strawberries, grass hoppers, Whstlestop, Wiediger, Alison, 10/15/2002