market-farming - Re: Criticisms of the Farm Bureau - The Farm Bureau Colossus

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "jay gee" <jgj23 AT mindspring.com>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Criticisms of the Farm Bureau - The Farm Bureau Colossus
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 13:44:50 +0000

GlobalCirclenet wrote:

> There's another smoking gun to back up my point. Propagandists often claim
> an organization is a "big tent" just to defend their inclusion in it, but
> then tell people of a different opinion they don't belong in it. And
> propaganda works only so long as inconvenient facts are swept under the
> rug.<snip the balance>

The real problem with disruptive individuals, paid or otherwise, is that
they change the focus of the group in order to further their own agenda.

In the case of this community, our focus is "market farming" with occasional
timeouts for interesting side trips.

Recently, it appears that the list is about farming politics and farm bureaus.
While this is not a big deal for long term subscribers, it may cause new
subscribers, who would really benefit from our marketing and growing
discussions, to unsubscribe and tell others that this list is about politics
and the farm bureau, not marketing and growing for market farmers.
The long term effect on the list would then be to decline.

Liz would know what the subscription and unsubscription numbers
are and if this is becoming a problem. It is certainly something worth
watching.

I can't think of any greater success for a person paid to interrupt
this list than causing new subscribers to quit and be denied the
valuable input this group has offered in the past.

Jay Gee
not a farmer -- but interested in farming