market-farming - Re: Small Fruit Field Day

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "Del Williams" <delannw AT dlogue.net>
  • To: "Market Farming" <market-farming AT franklin.metalab.unc.edu>
  • Subject: Re: Small Fruit Field Day
  • Date: Sun, 13 Oct 2002 10:54:00 -0500

>Raised bed gardens: Thomas uses plants made from recycled-plastic milk
>containers or from those made from milk containers blended with sawdust.
>Tires will work, he said.

I'm not clear on this one. He uses plans for raised beds made of recycle
containers? Is this some sort of building material made from recycled
plastic? Anyone know what it is called?

And just a comment. I thought that planting food in tires was supposed to
be a bad idea. That there were problems with something in the tires
leaching into the soil.

Del Williams
who was Farmer in the Del
Clifton, IL
delannw AT dlogue.net

  • Small Fruit Field Day, Kevin Ancell, 10/13/2002
    • <Possible follow-up(s)>
    • Re: Small Fruit Field Day, Del Williams, 10/13/2002