market-farming - RE: Double Dipping- by Martha Stevens, Hatfield, Missouri

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: Robert Farr <rbfarr AT erols.com>
  • To: Market Farming <market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu>
  • Subject: RE: Double Dipping- by Martha Stevens, Hatfield, Missouri
  • Date: Fri, 04 Oct 2002 09:46:14 -0400

Okay - let's open up the flood gates.

Again, I refer to the wonderful book by Howard Zinn, "A People's History
of the United States." Mr. Zinn makes the point that the constitution
was written by wealthy white male landowners to protect their holdings.

When taken in that light, one must examine the constitution as flawed
from the outset - as a representation of the will of one very small sect
of people.

So amend it - you bet. On many levels. It needs to represent ALL of
the people. And we must continue to demand that the folks running the
government - ostensibly our representatives (though, as Zinn points out,
this is hardly so) - to change it.

Populism may yet have it's day. We all just need to keep fighting.

--
Robert Farr
(540) 668-7160

* An organic farm producing hot sauce marinades, salsas,
mustards, and barbecue.
* Subscribe to our online newsletter at http://www.thechileman.com

* Check out this article about us from The Washington Post:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/style/food/A8659-2001Jul17.html

* Open Houses and Farm Tours throughout the year. See web site for
details!

  • RE: Double Dipping- by Martha Stevens, Hatfield, Missouri, Robert Farr, 10/04/2002