market-farming - RE: Writer's Request: Organic Industry vs Organi c Movement

market-farming AT lists.ibiblio.org

Subject: Market Farming

  • From: "GlobalCirclenet" <webmaster AT globalcircle.net>
  • To: market-farming AT franklin.oit.unc.edu
  • Subject: RE: Writer's Request: Organic Industry vs Organi c Movement
  • Date: Fri, 27 Sep 2002 21:50:39 -0600

This raises serious questions, and some of it borders on bureaucratic
insanity. Think: groceries don't have to record the identity of every
customer; people would stay away in droves, wouldn't they. Nor do most
other retail businesses. Does IRS have their sticky fingers in this new
rule? Hmmm?

As for the hybrid seed problem, it looks like we'll have to consider
organic non-hybrid seed which we should probably be trying anyway. While
I'm on the subject, I realize there's a need to have some standard to keep
corporate giants from calling everything "organic", yet there must be a way
to label our produce without the feds assuming the right to dictate what's
organic and what's not. Personally, I don't think it's the federal
government's business in the first place.

paul & barb - on the continental divide
http://globalcircle.net